Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our new kitchen arrived! well nearly! we have cabinets and benches made from super nice wood :) our landlord is very talented - a retired carpenter- and he made them by hand with the help of his friend. I was getting ready for university one day and his friend told me my landlord has cancer! At this stage it's just hear say but still!!!

Last week I did the 40hour famine. I raised $222. At the end of the 40hours i was starving but it was for a great cause! Thanks to all those who sponsored me :)
http://www.famine.org.nz/nzanz

Today was a public holiday and as a break from my exam study the bf and i went to the Plant Barn and got two pots, soil and herbs. Our red Herbplanter is super cute and now houses chives, rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme and we transefered Barbados (our chilli plant) into the top. Turns out Barbados was two plants who are now aptly named Barb and Ados. Hopefully all the Herbs will flourish it was a bit of a gamble planting them in winter. For the other pot we were going to plant garlic but our old neighbour is a huge gardener and when he came over for a visit he said garlic is much better in the ground so now we are thinking maybe a lime tree. Told you my KeyWi Lime Pie was a success!

Photos to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment